Friday, December 10, 2004

Parenting moments that make me "habby"

  • Having Otter come to me and say "lap!" and sit down, snuggling in
  • Reading Max Drives Away to Otter as he insists on repeatedly going back to the page where Max gets in the car to drive to Grandma's, "bumpety bump," which Otter loves as we go "bumpety bump" bouncing him on my knees
  • Otter saying "ding din" as he shakes the monkey with bells in his feet and hands
  • Getting out of bed to check my email and coming back three minutes later to find he's drifted way over to G's side in his sleep looking for his "Dee"
  • Otter standing up and walkgin to the gate from the living room after watching a quick Scholastic DVD chapter and saying "teeth!" to signal he's ready to go brush his teeth and go to bed
  • Smelling that toddler smell of Otter's neck and hair
  • Otter smiling and saying "mama!" when he sees me come in to daycare to get him

You may have noticed that many of Otter's recent remarks have exclamation points. What can I say? He's at a very emphatic age.

Site Meter