Sunday, May 08, 2005

They grow up so fast

Today, when we told Otter that he and G would be going off to see Grammy Jo (and her cat Loki) and Great Grampy Z and Great Nana, and that it would be a LONG car trip and that Mama wouldn't go....

...my child let me put on his socks and his purple shoes and then went over to the gate and said "Go. Go. Go! GO!" and called for G.

He waved goodbye cheerily from the bottom of the stairs, held by G, with his Milo purple baby doll clutched to his chest and two Fisher Price Little People, one in each hand (both with mustaches).

Then, when they got to Grammy Jo's (over a two hour drive), G called to tell me they'd gotten there safe, and I asked to speak to Otter on the phone.

Now, the other night, when G went out to friends for dinner, G called me and when I handed the phone to Otter, he heard G's voice, pressed the phone to his head, and giggled continuously for several minutes at hearing his dad say hello, then didn't want to reliquish the phone to me. He kept trying to yank it out of my hands to listen to his dad again.

So today, when G said to him: do you want to come say hi to Mama? what I did not expect was for Otter to say: No.

At least I know he wasn't too discomfited by my absence.

Site Meter