Friday, June 17, 2005

Okay, babies are boring, but...

I should probably also say, that while I don't think they're interesting, being a new parent does make you kind of--well, nuts. It does distort your judgement, a bit.

As evidence, I offer this story of my dad as a new parent: my new parent. After my mom and dad adopted me, and when I was still only a few weeks old, my dad would go in to work with sheafs of pictures of me to show people, and would invite people to the house to meet me.

One of his coworkers, one without any children of his own at the time (and a man who was later one of my high school French teachers), stopped by and stayed a polite amount of time, making appropriate admiring remarks.

When he went to leave, my dad said, in all seriousness, "You can't leave! You haven't heard her burp yet."



Family lore doesn't say whether or not he stayed to wait for my burping demonstration.

Site Meter