Thursday, October 28, 2004

VMOU: Taking it off

I've been working on helping Otter learn to take his clothes on and off. As of yet, he can't take anythign but his socks off unassisted, and he can only do that when he's in the car seat bored and yanks away until they come off. Then he gets upset because he can't put them back on.

He can take off his shoes if I untie them and put his hand on the right spot of the heel to yank, and he can do his socks at home if I get them past the heel. He can pull anything off over his head if you hold the clothes while he pulls out his arms, and he can stpe out of his pants once you pull them down.

As to putting clothes on, Otter does a fabulous job putting his feet in his father's shoes.

I know the eventual result of this learning process will be Otter deciding spontaneously to strip naked, almost certainly when we'd prefer he didn't, but I think we're still required to teach him to get clothes on and off, despite that.

Site Meter